Thursday, December 27, 2012

LYCANTHROPES!!! pt 2

Fianna

And to close out 2012, here are the other 8 of my Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20th Anniversary job.  All in all, I really enjoyed this revisit with my old garou tribe friends.  This was all familiar and comfortable territory for me but with the excitement of applying eight or nine more years of further-developed illustration skills. Here's hoping the book is a smashing success for my friends at WhiteWolf!

Notice in each piece (including the eight in the previous post) the totem animal or spirit on nature.  Shadowlords is Grandfather Thunder and Wendigo is a cold bitter northern wind spirit but otherwise, they all have specific-looking creatures as a totem animal.  Black Furies' totem animal was not included only because I seemed to have made a jpg out of the version that doesn't have the digitally inlaid pegasus.

Get of Fenris

Black Furies

Bone Gnawers
(I modeled the adidas high tops after my favorite pair from high school.  Sans the duct tape.)

Bunyip
(A forum commenter helped guide me to the right shape boomerang here - this one being more for hunting and killing)

Children of Gaia

Croatan
(This one had a couple reworks to keep her out of the stereotype "Pocahontas" look.  More difficult to do than you'd think!)

Glasswalkers

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING PIECE OF ART!
    I am (or I was, back in the days) a huge fan of WW, and I satarted today to write a short novel about it.
    I was searching some images to get inspiration for it, and man, your work is really good.
    I will mention you and your blog in my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found out that you actually are an official artist for White Wolf. That explains it :)

    ReplyDelete